High School Distance Learning Norms and Expectations
Punctuality and Attendance
- Learners must be present for their assigned classes and do not have the option to attend the same class on alternate days or times. If extenuating circumstances arise, then the ACLC Office must be contacted prior to class.
- Learners are expected to be on time to class. Once a learner has been tardy to class five times, parents/guardians will be contacted. Two unexcused absences will also result in a contact home.
- Learners must have their cameras and microphones on during the first and final 10 minutes of classto be marked present. Please discuss any challenges regarding this with your facilitator.
Workspace and Attire
- A work from home area will need to be created. Learners cannot be lying in bed during class.
- Learners must dress as they typically would for an in-person class when attending virtual classes.
Virtual Classroom Norms
- Learners must use a PC, laptop or Chromebook for Zoom classes. Phones and tablets are not allowed because they do not have the capabilities to adequately complete the required lessons and assignments.
- When entering the virtual classroom, learners must be signed in to their school email and have their displayed name be their own first and last names.
- The only acceptable virtual backgrounds for learners are the default options provided by Zoom. If learners choose to have a profile picture on Zoom, it must be a picture of that learner.