The ACLC Healthy Lunch Tradition
Healthy Lunch is one of ACLC's most beloved--and definitely most delicious!--traditions. Five times over the course of the year, volunteers make and serve a scrumptious meal to learners, facilitators and staff. Nothing brings a community together like cooking and sharing a meal. Each Healthy Lunch event offers a many opportunities for learners and families to come together.
Healthy Lunch is only possible through the generous support of volunteers who contribute their time and skills. See more about volunteering below.
2019-20 Healthy Lunch Dates and Themes:
- Mexican Fiesta: 9/27/19
- Italian Goodness: 12/6/19
- Lunar New Year: 1/24/20
- Indian Banquet: 3/6/20
- Mediterranean Feast: 4/24/20
- (vegetarian options available at all meals!)
All ACLC learners and staff are welcome at Healthy Lunch!
- Healthy Lunch meals are $6 if paid on the day of the event (cash only, please).
- Learners enrolled in the 2019-20 National School Lunch Program eat for free!
- Consider donating to help keep Healthy Lunch affordable for all!
New this year, families can prepay and save!
- Get all 5 meals for the price of 4--a 20% savings.
- Prepayment MUST be received by 9/26/19.
- To prepay online, select your number of learners and enter their names and grades on the form below.
- To donate 5 meals, enter one learner's name as "Donation".
- Click the "Pay Now" button to purchase 5 Healthy Lunch meals for one, two or three learners.
To prepay with cash or check, please bring payment to the ACLC Office in an envelope marked with your learner's name(s) and "Healthy Lunch". Checks should be made out to CCEF, with a note that the payment is for Healthy Lunch.
Be a Healthy Lunch Volunteer!
Please consider joining the Healthy Lunch Team. Volunteering is fun, flexible, and delicious (volunteers get to eat too!):
- Get to know other families, learners, and facilitators.
- Volunteer as much or as little as you like--new sign-ups for each meal!
- Many HL tasks can be done on your own schedule--before, during, or after school hours.
- Not all tasks involve cooking--we need shoppers, servers, cashiers, and more.
- Cooks/shoppers are reimbursed for all HL costs quickly and easily.
To learn more, you can:
- Join our mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com
- Come to our informational meeting in September:
- Monday, September 16th at 6pm
- Rockwall Winery (2301 Monarch Street, Alameda)
- Check our volunteer slots for each lunch on SignUp.com.
Join us in sustaining this great ACLC tradition!