Nea’s school counselors will operate from a solution-focused approach to have learners working towards solutions for their academic, social/emotional, and career needs.
Nea’s school counselors will strive to provide a comprehensive program to support students of diverse backgrounds reach their fullest potential as well-rounded individuals and lifelong learners.
Nea’s school counselors will deliver comprehensive, data-driven school counseling program in alignment with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) National Model.
Direct Student Services - 80% of time spent will be in direct service
- School Counseling Guidance Curriculum K-12
- College and Career planning K-12
- Individual College/Post-High School Planning
- 504 Accommodation Plan management
- IEP Counseling Caseload
- Lead Learner Support Team intervention meetings (including parents, facilitators, and support staff) and track outcome data
- Responsive Services to meet individual needs
- Individual counseling
- Crisis management
- Conflict resolution
- Group counseling (Transition Groups, Friendship Groups)
- Intervention Team participation – part of Nea’s multi-tiered System of support