How to take College Courses in High School

The Peralta Community Colleges

ACLC's 10th, 11th, & 12th grade learners have the opportunity to benefit from college-level instruction by taking advantage of our High School Special Enrollment partnership with Peralta Community Colleges.

You can take in-depth, accelerated courses at one of the local community colleges including College of Alameda, Laney College, Merritt College and Berkeley City College.

Learners from ACLC have taken a wide variety of community college classes, such as:

• Astronomy•`Psychology• Philosophy• Anthropology
• Chemistry• Microbiology• Physics• Calculus I & II
• Statistics• Trigonometry• Geometry• English
• Creative Writing• Macroeconomics• German• Spanish
• Japanese• Mandarin• Guitar• Piano
• Art History• Ceramics   

Enrolling in Peralta Colleges:

You must first complete the Peralta Colleges Admissions Application.

You must then complete a High School Special Enrollment Form.

You must also fill out a concurrent enrollment form for the class you wish to take. The form must be signed by your counselor and Lead Facilitator.

To enroll in a Math/English class, or bypass a pre-requisite, you must take the designated assessment test at one of the colleges.

Additionally, if you'd to take more than 6.5 units per semester, you must get the Dean of one of the colleges to sign an excessive units form (along with a copy of your high school transcript as proof of your academic integrity).

For more information, look at the following websites or see your counselor:

For New Learners

For Continuing Learners

The Peralta Community Colleges Website

College of Alameda Website

General Ed Requirements and Degree Programs for the Peralta Community Colleges

Peralta Colleges Class Schedules and Catalogs

Alameda CLC
1900 Third Street
Alameda CA  94501 

(510) 995 - 4300 

(510) 995-4307


     Parents Press Reader's Choice for 2017

       2018 Best Schools Niche Rankings



Get to Know ACLCApply for AdmissionSupport ACLC
Educating the Leaders of Tomorrow             
©      Alameda Community Learning Center     1900 Third Street     Alameda, CA 94501     (510) 995-4300     Contact Us       Site Map
email page print page small type default type large type
powered by finalsite