OUR BOARDS & GOVERNANCE
"A well-balanced, inclusive approach, according to high standards and ideals, is essential for proper governance."
Community Learning Center Schools, Inc. is the 501(c)3 California nonprofit public benefit charter management corporation that owns and operates the Alameda and Nea Community Learning Centers.
As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, our organization is governed by the CLCS Board of Directors. The CLCS Governing Board oversees the operation of the schools as wells as the ACLC and Nea Boards.
The CLCS Board of Directors is composed of community, business and educational leaders, as well as parents and learners from both schools, and has the following roles and responsibilities:
• To ensure the alignment of ACLC and Nea with their missions and visions
• To monitor learner performance
• To approve the strategic and long-term plans of ACLC and Nea charter schools
• To approve all policies
• To ensure that all internal controls are effective
• To provide fiduciary oversight, including receipt of ongoing financial reports
• To approve budget and contracts (including MOU, charter revisions, etc.)
• To supervise the audit process and secure audit report approval
• To serve as the final authority on expulsions, personnel firing decisions, and legal actions.
• To serve as the appeal board for any ACLC or Nea Board recommended expulsions.
• To be responsible for any official interactions with AUSD and state, including the approval of funding applications and reports.
• To serve as the employer of all ACLC and Nea staff and to approve employee contracts, pay schedules, benefits, and other employee financial transactions.
• To serve as a review board, as approved by board policy, related to employee dismissal.
The chart below shows the CLC Schools organizational structure, with the relationships and functions of our various segments: