The Alameda Community Learning Center (ACLC) is a tuition-free public charter school in Alameda.
We provide a creative and rigorous college-prep program to about 360 students in grades 6 through 12.
Class sizes are small, ranging from 25 to 30 in core classes and smaller in many elective classes.
Our engaging learning environment creates lifelong learners and prepares them with vital life skills.
- engages learners through experiential learning,
- empowers them through leadership,
- increases self-esteem through community building,
- creates self-direction through flexible options and scheduling,
- provides individualized support, and
- sets the highest academic, social and ethical expectations.
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Middle School Advantages
- A warm, welcoming school culture
- Cross-disciplinary learning projects
- Self-directed learning time
- Studio and digital arts classes
- Over 25 learner-initiated clubs
- Volleyball, basketball and track teams
High School (Grades 9-12)
High School Advantages
- Strong STEM curriculum
- Prize-winning robotics team
- College-ready writing standards
- Unique leadership opportunities
- College classes in high school
- 20+ years of college admissions success