Educating the Leaders of Tomorrow
A Small, Vibrant School
Serving grades 6-12, ACLC fosters both self-direction and a collaborative spirit among its 360 middle and high school students. There are 50 to 60 students per grade and class sizes are small, ranging from 25 to 30 in core classes.
Along with rigorous, project-based core classes and innovative art and science electives, ACLC learners have important self-directed time--called Project Periods--spent in a large, learner-friendly, computer-equipped space called The Center.
As Diverse as the East Bay
About 60% of ACLC learners are residents of the city of Alameda and 40% come from Oakland, San Leandro, and other East Bay cities.
Similar to the population of the East Bay, ACLC's student body is about 34% Asian/Pacific Islander, 11% Black or African American, 16% Latine or Hispanic, 10% Multiracial, 1% Native American, and 28% White. About 27% of students qualify for the free or reduced price meal program.
Middle School Advantages
- A warm, welcoming school culture
- Cross-disciplinary learning projects
- Self-directed learning time
- Studio and digital arts classes
- Over 25 learner-initiated clubs
- Volleyball, basketball and track teams
High School Advantages
- Strong STEM curriculum
- Prize-winning robotics team
- College-ready writing standards
- Unique leadership opportunities
- College classes in high school
- 20+ years of college admissions success